Support Engineer Sr (AS400)
Scheduling & Workload Automation (S&WA) is responsible for the delivery of scheduling requirements at the quality and pace warranted by the business, whilst maintaining the integrity of the scheduling environments. We aim to provide the workload automation capabilities to facilitate DevOps and Agile practices both internally and externally, and administer the end-end governance and oversight for all scheduling products.
S&WA is a globally distributed department with people working in India, China, UK, HK, US, LATAM and MENAT. There is also a range of different technologies and scheduling products used like IBM TWSz, BMC Control-M, CA-7 etc.
Provide support to ensure the healthiest and proper functioning for the infrastructure where SWA products are hosted across regions
Responsabilities and Activities
· Deliver robust monitoring and alerting service to IT business services.
· Deliver system integration or ever-greening activities with other teams and make sure the solution complies with group policies and standards.
· Understand user requirements, evaluate alternative options and to provide technology solutions based on given constraints
· Provide professional consultancy and support in response to queries from users, operations and IT teams.
· Provide investigation and timely support on incident/problem arising in monitoring and alerting service and take recovery action to reduce service degradation or resume the service as quickly as possible.
· Promote and drive the continuous improvement in monitoring and alerting capability/process.
· Maintain close communication with business users, operations and IT teams and coordinate IT related stakeholder activities.
· Deliver IT projects in good quality accordingly to project schedule.
· Solid experience in iSeries/AS400 operating systems.
· Experience on iSeries programming would be an advantage.
· Knowledgeable in Change, Incident and Problem management processes, ideally using CA Group Service Desk.
· University degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline.
· Solid understanding on ITIL Operations, Service Management and Event Management concepts.
· Maintain can-do attitude and stay positive towards challenges.
· Able to work under pressure and in flexible working hours
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
· Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with good command of written and spoken English