Sr. Engineers are masters of their craft. They bring years of experience, intuition and best-practices as it pertains to their area of expertise. Additionally, they can serve as “Technical Leads” within their squads, establishing technical standards, guiding their team members in excellence in technical execution and serving as the team’s leader in design and architecture.
As a Sr. Engineer you will lead teams that build, ship and run software serving hundreds of small businesses in Latin America. You will bring strong critical thinking, problem-solving and servant leadership principles to your team helping to solve interesting and complex problems regarding technical solutions.
As a Sr. Engineering focused on frontend web development, you will lead frontend developers and projects building out Runa’s next-generation web application focused HR and Payroll capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (10 years)
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer, 2+ years as a senior engineer.
- 3+ years working with React.js
- Extensive experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience working with Redux, jQuery, DOM.
- Solid understanding of asynchronous request handling.
- Proficient in Git for version control
- Experience with Agile process, primarily Scrum
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS or SASS or Emotion.
- Experience building and delivering customer-facing front-end web applications.
- Solid understanding of CDNs, minimizing and compressing assets to improve load performance.
- Writing, testing, debugging and deploying code in sprint dev cycles.
- Build out new customer-facing features for Runa’s HR and Payroll systems.
- Slicing/Translating UX and application requirements into user stories.
- Lead and guide other frontend developers on your squad.
- Own and drive alignment with other leads on best-practices around web development, toolkits, libraries and coding standards.
- Collaborating with the back-end developers and UX design leads.
- Focus on building out Runa’s library of front-end reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize web development assets for efficient loading and use
Powered by JazzHR