What You'll Do
Cisco's Customer Experience (CX) team is one of the highest growing areas at Cisco. Passionate about the management and automation of customer’s hybrid IT, consultants work with some of the largest and thought-leading customers in the world. This Professional Services group helps build solutions, leads implementations, and enables customer self-sufficiency on market-leading Cisco software products.
Who You'll Work With
As an Network Consulting Engineer, you will report directly into the Customer Experience (CX) Delivery Team with primary responsibility for the installation, integration, customization and delivery of Cisco Software products focusing on networking orchestration and automation. You may travel up to 60% per year - though travel will vary depending on the project. Who You Are * You're able to explain technical issues and present information in a concise manner to both technical and non-technical personnel.
* You maintain effective working relationships with colleages and project managers.
* You effectively work independently and as part of a team to design and implement solutions.
* Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks.
* Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity.
Minimum Qualifications * Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent and 3+ years relevant experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.* Communication skills to include conflict management, negotiation, presentation/demonstration, and excellent written communication.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Document creation of technical documentation, for internal and external customer such as method of procedures, solution design, installation procedures, testing procedures, troubleshooting guides, etc. Desired Skills The Network Consulting Engineer’s primary role is designing, documenting and delivering solutions around Cisco's Enterprise technologies and integrating them into the customer's overall data center architecture. The engineer will be expected to work on Enterprise, Commercial and Service Provider segments. This position will assist sales and serve as Enterprise Networking subject matter expert. Travel may be required and can be anywhere from 25 - 60% of the time. Experience/Skills
The ideal candidate will have technical expertise and expert knowledge of Cisco's Enterprise products and solutions. Candidate must be self-motivated, team oriented and must possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills. The following skillsets are thus desired of this candidate:● 5+ years within Advanced / Professional Service role(s).
● 3+ years experience leading large scale Enterprise Design and Implementation Engagements.
● Consulting experience is a must, need to be able to manage accounts and be the customer’s trusted advisor.
● Expert level knowledge in Enterprise Routing and Switching technologies, such as MPLS, DMVPN, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS VXLAN, LISP and VRF.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
● Demonstrated leadership capability in projects supporting Enterprise WAN and Campus Networking environments.
● One or more CCIE Preferred, in order of preference: R/S, SP, Security● High level / working knowledge of wireless, and ISE technologies required.
● Good, working knowledge of SDA, DNA and Viptela highly preferred
● Knowledge of Network Segmentation, and TrustSec highly preferred
● Experience with Cisco Nexus platforms, VMWare, and server virtualization highly preferred
● Bachelor degree preferred
● Experience in programming Python a plus
● Experience with Linux
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.