Role : Drive Test Engineer
Location: Nationwide USA
Travel Time: 100% within United States
Start : ASAP
Durations: Long Term
- Must know JDSU and TEMS and TEMS pocket, Spot Test, DAS, Small Cells and integration and commissioning
- Must be able to walk and drive test
- Responsible for collecting drive data at the cellular site level and per cluster.
- Responsible for collecting in-building data by walking DAS locations to include universities, theme parks, stadiums, airports, etc.
- Coordinate drive routes and update maps.
- Analyze data with collection tools for coverage, dropped calls and pilot pollutions; make recommendations
- Assist in implementing solutions and providing reports in a timely manner.
- Able to carry equipment and perform walk testing as required.
- Is expected to understand the basics of computer operation and cellular testing as it pertains to drive testing, in-building DAS, CW or E911 testing.
- Setup, calibrate and maintain testing equipment for various testing scenarios.
- Understand data collection expectations, deliverables, and time constraints.
- Create daily summary emails and timestamps for tracking purposes.
- This position is required to interact with the engineering team, project management and with internal customers.
- Able to complete project deliverables with direction. This position requires proper judgment in understanding when a project or task requires skills beyond the engineer’s abilities and requires them to contact either a Project Coordinator or Sr. Engineer for assistance.
- Support System Performance and RF Engineers in evaluating and improving areas of poor coverage by identifying system performance problems (dropped calls, static, interference).
- Should have a good understanding of engineering concepts, and must show aptitude and desire to learn and advance in a technical field.
- Must be able to understand technical procedures.
- Must be able to read maps, work a GPS and follow instructions.
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must speak and write fluently in English.
- Candidates must be legal residents or authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- Must have and maintain a CLEAN and VALID state driver’s license.
- Work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as required with minimal supervision.
- 1-5 years of cellular/ telecommunications field drive testing experience
- Experience with RF Collection Tool: TEMS, JDSU, XCAL, LML, DataPro and Qxdm