This Construction QA/QC Mechanical Engineer will provide the coordination, supervision, documentation review and provide comment and opinion on the acceptability of Contractor’s Construction QA/QC process, including but not limited to:
- Review and provide comment and opinion on the acceptability of Construction QA/QC procedures and templates before the commencement of the respective construction activities, in accordance to the Project Documents, state of the art and good engineering practices. Including but not limited to:
- Field Quality Plans
- Installation Checklists
- Installation manuals
- Method of Statement
- Review and provide comment and opinion on the acceptability of Construction QC inspection results, as attended by the Supplier’s Field Manager, in accordance with Contractor’s Construction QA/QC plan
- Provide comment and opinion on Customer’s issuance of the respective Mechanical Completion certificates
- Submission of brief monthly report to Customer detailing progress and areas of concern until completion
- Review of Contractor’s Monthly Quality Report
- Document control support services, including the sharing of documents through the Document Management System, elaboration of transmittals, organization of the project internal folder (if different to the DMS), etc.
- Coordination, review and provide comment and opinion on the acceptability of Final Quality Dossier
- Travel required up to 70%
- Must be highly motivated and have strong problem-solving ability.
- Independent and capable to work proactively
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have good technical writing abilities.
- Strong team player
- Act as inspectors for the following area(s) civil, mechanical/structural (piles, trackers, modules), electrical, foundation, and/or other scopes as assigned.
- Observe and inspect contractor construction activities including methods and materials used to ensure compliance with contractual design and requirements.
- Activities observed could include the construction and installation of roadways, piles, trackers, operations and maintenance building, restoration of work areas.
- Conduct daily inspections and generate reports for any specific task on a given day including but not limited to the following areas:
- Safety Process Compliance
- Civil Construction
- Complete required inspection forms and checklists to support accuracy and completeness of construction.
- Proficiency in English: read, written, and spoken
- Proficiency in Spanish: read, written, and spoken
- It is essential to have a Passport. American Visa preferably.
- Valid driver's license, preferably have experience driving in the USA.
- Construction experience in the assigned area is required.
- On-site inspection and testing experience for PV power plants
- Foundations and Racking Inspections
- Tracker Piles
- Equipment Mounting Structure Piles
- Tracker System
- Carrying out structural studies.
- Must have experience with quality control practices and field-testing methods used
- in construction
- Proficient with Microsoft programs